Land of Sky Regional Council
339 New Leicester Highway #140, Get Directions
Land of Sky Regional Council is a multi-county, local government, planning and development organization. We reach county and municipal borders providing technical assistance to local governments and administer projects and programs which benefit our region’s citizens.
What We Offer:
- Economic & Community Development – To help fulfill the Council’s Mission, this department conducts planning, economic, and community development services for our local governments and communities. The goal of the department is to meet the needs and desires of our region now and into the future.
- Volunteer Services – The Volunteer Services Department connects adults 55 and older with the people and organizations that need them the most. We help them become mentors and companions or contribute their job skills and expertise to community projects.
- Area Agency on Aging – Area Agency on Aging promotes the highest level of well being of older adults and their families by partnering with organizations to provide a comprehensive system of opportunities, services, and protective supports.
- Mountain Area Workforce Development – Created through federal legislation, Mountain Area Workforce Development oversees a single, comprehensive strategic plan for the four-county area by identifying workforce development issues and the needs of local businesses.
- Mountain Mobility – Mountain Mobility is Buncombe County’s public transportation system. It provides transportation services to clients of human services agencies, departments of local governments, and the general public for persons residing in Buncombe County. LOS manages the administrative functions of Mountain Mobility through a service contract with Buncombe County.
Our mission is to provide creative regional solutions to relevant and emerging issues in Buncombe, Henderson, Madison and Transylvania counties while providing a standard of excellence in the delivery of federal, state, and regional services for our member communities.