The Asheville Buskers Collective intends to:
– Advocate for buskers and their interests in Asheville.
– Act as a liaison for the busking community with the City of Asheville, business owners, and other relevant parties.
– Assist in the process of self-regulation in the busking community by mediating conflicting and by being a point of contact for parties within the City who have issues with buskers.
– Protect Asheville’s viability as a receptive space for public art through advocacy, collaboration with other entities and communities, and political action.
– Uphold an etiquette that is conducive to maintaining a vibrant and fair busking scene.
– Make opportunities, resources, and connections outside the busking world available to buskers.
– Provide practical opportunities for buskers to give back to their communities and other marginalized groups within Asheville