Line Cook- Brew Pub and Funkatorium
Wicked Weed Brewing is in search of a Line Cook for our Brewpub. This individual is an important part of our high volume restaurant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets up and stocks assigned stations
- Completes station prep tasks
- Communicates prep needs to the prep crew or Chefs
- Works service on the line
- Upholds food quality standards
- Breaks down and cleans station nightly
- Completes assigned cleaning tasks as per the master cleaning schedule
- Completes closing checklist and temp logs
- Upholds food safety standards at all times
- Maintains clean and organized work area.
- Attends department and company meetings.
- Maintains a positive attitude in the presence of other line cooks.
- Help maintain safe sanitary work environment.
- Plays active role in training new line cooks.
- Plays an active role in quality assurance.
- Assists with special prep, R&D.
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
Qualifications – External
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and love for food and craft beer
Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time standing and/or walking. Walking surfaces may be wet and/or slippery. Ability to frequently sit, stoop, kneel, crouch. Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell. Ability to lift and/or move up to 55 lbs. safely and with proper body mechanics and occasionally life and/or move up to 100 lbs. Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to work effectively in a kitchen environment with fluctuations in temperature and conditions (heat, cold, humidity) for an extended period of time.
Rapid changing flow of business That of a busy brewpub dining area and full service kitchen. Late nights/Early mornings Fast-paced The employee frequently must work in an environment with a moderate to high noise level. Hot or humid conditions Cold conditions in the walk-in Steam, kitchen equipment, and chemicals
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma/GED