Tupelo Honey – Sous Chef
Back of House (BOH)
At Tupelo Honey we are passionate about creative cuisine, a fun environment, and genuine hospitality. Our Sous Chefs work in a high-volume, high-communication and compact environment. Our Sous Chefs must have expertise of all line and prep stations, and will oversee opening and closing of the restaurant. It’s simple: work hard, deliver results, and watch your career flourish!
- Industry-leading compensation
- Best in class employee and family health care
- Tenure based employment incentives
- Life, Dental, Vision, Disability benefit options
- Work-life balance with options for paid time off and paid sick time
- Fast-growth company with advancement opportunities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the oversight of BOH shift execution including line, prep, expo, and dish.
- Responsible for recipe execution and adherence to recipe specs.
- Heads the preparation of Tupelo Honey family meal.
- Responsible for safety and sanitation, adhering to Steritech standards.
- Responsible for performance management and training of line and expo.
- Responsible for supporting back of house leadership with BOH supervision; including coaching, counseling, discipline and overall mentorship of direct reports.
- Previous restaurant experience required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
- Must have schedule flexibility to cover all meal periods as needed.
- Must be able to move and process information quickly.
Apply here: https://harri.com/thdowntownasheville
**Job Posted April 29, 2019