Gemelli is an upscale Italian eatery located in West Asheville’s Westgate Shopping Center. Visit Gemelli’s website for more info.
The beautifully designed space seats 80-100 guests in a cozy European cafe-inspired dining room with an outdoor patio.
Gemelli is a great fit for experienced and knowledgeable professionals looking for flexible hours, advancement opportunities, great food and free abundant parking. We are currently seeking a lead barista/daytime shift lead.
The responsibilities of this position include:
• Open restaurant 5 days a week, arriving at 8am. Leave between 3-4pm.
• Supervise espresso machine operation, cleaning, maintenance and training
• Greet and serve customers through counter style service
• Place orders and maintain stock of select supplies and products
• Keep work and storage areas clean, organized and maintained
• Supervise daytime staff
• Monitor email and voicemail, facilitate guest correspondence
• Receive and put away orders, rotate and organize product
• Facility maintenance: identify issues and report to appropriate leadership team members and vendors
• Staff training and onboarding
• As a member of the leadership team, demonstrate culture of continuous improvement and professionalism
Starting at 9am, coffee shop staples and satisfying brunch classics are offered via counter-style service. By mid-day house-made pasta, Sicilian style pizza and Northern Italian-inspired dishes become available as we transition to full table service. Our growing bar program features draft cocktails and a self-service cruvinet system that allows us to offer high-end wines with multiple pour size options.
An ideal candidate has several years’ experience in restaurant service and special events, a passion for hospitality and has better than average working knowledge of espresso and related equipment.
Please provide a resume.