The Chef de Cuisine leads the culinary charge for creating exceptional cuisine, delighting diners, and building an impeccable reputation. This includes the strategic management of driving revenue, controlling cost, developing talent, building guest loyalty, and representing the company with the highest level of professionalism. This position reports to the Director of Food & Beverage.
- Sous Chefs
- Kitchen Supervisors
- Line Cooks
Experience / Education / Certifications:
- Minimum 2 years of experience as Chef for a reputable restaurant – Required
- Experience with opening a start-up restaurant – Preferred
- Minimum 3 years in a leadership role supporting more than 15 employees – Required
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. This is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the kitchen staff ensuring that the total guest experience is second to none.
- Builds rapport with guests whenever possible, presenting a professional and engaging demeanor.
- Monitors online guest reviews, delivers proactive responses and/or resolutions.
- Initiates strategic reformation of service or logistical barriers.
- Analyzes trends and competitors to achieve market share goals.
- Meets and/or succeeds expectations for food and labor costs
- Participates in and submit accurate food inventories on monthly basis.
- Assists in monitoring of revenue and expense forecasting.
- Leads in the production of menus and signature food products
- Maintains focus on cleanliness to ensure adherence to all pertinent health codes, laws, and brand standards.
- Assures that practices are in place to meet all city, state, and federal compliance requirements.
- Provides regularly scheduled department meetings to promote clear lines of communication, expectations, and engagement.
- Must possess excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Requires skillful communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must project a professional demeanor, pleasant personality, and positive attitude, neat and well-groomed appearance.
- Builds a team of developing culinarians that present consistent food product and presentation.
- Commands strong and best employment practices that drives associate engagement and retention.
- Trains, enlists, and monitors the team for their understanding how to control food and labor expenses
- Forecasts business levels for appropriate staffing.
- Collaborates with other leadership stakeholders to ensure the support of their goals i.e. Sales, Banquets.
- Drives a workplace that prioritizes safety above all else.
We provide the training to set you up for success, the coaching and performance feedback to sharpen your skills, and the encouragement to strive for your goals. Many of our current leaders once started as newcomers to hospitality.
Work / Life Balance
The company values and appreciates your investment of time and dedication to its success. Here are programs to reciprocate for your time away from work:
Paid Vacation for full-time employees
Within 0 – 2 years, up to 40 hours per year
Within 3 – 5 years, up to 80 hours per year
More than 5 years, up to 120 hours per year
Paid Personal Time Off
Up to 72 hours per year for full-time employees
Up to 20 hours per year for part-time employees
Paid Holidays (Following 90 days of employment)
8 hours for full-time; 4 hours for part-time. The following are recognized holidays:
New Year’s Day Memorial Day
Independence Day Labor Day
Thanksgiving Day Christmas Day
Paid Jury Duty
FIRC will pay the difference between jury pay and regular wages for scheduled workdays, excluding tips.
In the event of a death in the immediate family, up to three days leave with pay will be granted.
We Care For You
FIRC Group, Inc. sponsors an affordable, comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees who elect benefits effective the first day of the month following 60 days of employment.
To apply, please forward your resume to Terry Nelson, HRD at email@example.com or call (828) 412-8194